General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Scope
- These General Terms and Conditions are applicable for all contracts with respect to the provision of one or several hotel rooms of Transit Hotel Frankfurt Airport for a certain period (accommodation contract).
- These General Terms and Conditions shall apply exclusively; conflicting or deviating terms are not acknowledged by Hering Service GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “Transit-Hotel”).
§ 2 Services of Transit Hotel
- Transit Hotel provides the guest with a hotel room of the type as booked during the agreed period, beginning at XX o’clock on the arrival date. Leaving and entering the hotel is possible only between 05.00 and 23.00. Reference is made to § 3.
- It is prohibited to bring along animals and keep them in the hotel room during any stays.
§ 3 Advice / Information
- The Transit Hotel is situated within the non-Schengen area of Frankfurt airport.
- The Transit Hotel is accessible only via the non-Schengen area of the airport. You may enter this non-Schengen area only if you have arrived at or will depart from Frankfurt airport as an air passenger and either your point of departure or destination is situated outside the Schengen area.
- The Transit Hotel is accessible only to guests who have successfully passed the passport control restricting the access to the non-Schengen area. The passport control counter closes at 23.00 and opens at 05.00 in the morning. During this period, it is neither possible to leave the hotel nor to enter the airport / gates in order to board a departing plane. Please bear this in mind when booking your hotel room and flight.
- Passport controls may only be passed successfully with requested identity documents and valid your flight ticket.
- During any stay at the hotel, always carry valid identity documents.
- The Airport User Regulations of Frankfurt Airport must be strictly observed and followed. The Airport User Regulations may be viewed via the homepage of Fraport or via the following link: http://www.fraport.com/en/our-expertise/business-services/policies-and-payment-terms.html
- Customs regulations with respect to value thresholds and duties to declare items have to be observed.
- It is prohibited to prepare meals in the hotel room.
$ 4 Conduct at the Transit-Hotel
- The guest must conduct himself in a way that no third person is disturbed to a significant extent.
- Smoking (including E-Cigarettes) and open flames are strictly prohibited at the Transit Hotel. Any violation leads to the triggering of the fire alarm, fire service and the evacuation of the hotel. The inciting guest will bear any costs for this.
In the case of a guest smoking and no fire alarm is triggered, the guest will still be liable for all cleaning costs, as well as the costs incurred for the entire duration in which the room cannot be rented.
- The furnishings and equipment of the Transit Hotel shall be handled with care and must not be damaged.
- Within the entire premises of the Transit Hotel, there is no drug use of any kind permitted.
- At the Transit-Hotel, guest under the age of 18 are not allowed to consume alcohol.
5 Accommodation Contract, Payment of Agreed Remuneration
- If the accommodation contract classifies as a distance contract, there is no right of revocation.
- The booked room is reserved for the guest during the booked period. If the guest does not use the room, this shall not suspend the guest’s payment obligation unless the guest is prevented from using the hotel room for objective reasons (e.g. force of nature) or for reasons within the scope of responsibility of the Transit Hotel. If a hotel room is not used, the Transit Hotel will deduct from the agreed remuneration those expenses saved because of such non-use.
- The remuneration for a hotel room shall be payable in advance after establishment of the accommodation contract. Alternatively, the guest may at his or her own discretion pay the remuneration on site upon check-in if a corresponding deposit has been provided in advance, e.g. by using a payment card with a guarantee function admitted by the Transit-Hotel.
- The guest is not allowed to sub-lease the hotel room.
6 Right of Termination (“Right to Cancel”)
- The Transit-Hotel grants the guest an ordinary right of termination (“right to cancel”): If the booking is cancelled up to 24 hours before reserved check-in time, the cancellation fee is 10 Euro. If the booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before check-in time, the total cost of the reservation will be charged.
- Apart from that, either party shall have the right to terminate the contract without notice if the continuation of the contract is intolerable to the terminating party.
§ 7 Miscellaneous
- If the guest is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a separate fund under public law, the competent court of jurisdiction shall be the court where the company Hering Service GmbH has its place of general jurisdiction. The same applies if the guest does not have a place of general jurisdiction in Germany and the contract has been concluded in writing or – in case of oral conclusion – has been confirmed in writing.
- All disputes arising out of the accommodation contract between the guest and the Transit Hotel shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) unless this deprives the guest of the protection he or she would have under mandatory law of the state where the guest has his or her habitual abode.